ShelterBox is a leading global nonprofit organization whose mission is to deliver humanitarian aid in the form of shelter and lifesaving supplies when disaster or political conflict devastates a region. From Syria, to Somaliland, the Philippines, Indonesia, the Lake Chad Basin, and beyond, in 2019 ShelterBox provided shelter to more than 145,000 people who were left homeless from disaster and conflict situations. ShelterBox has a four-star rating from Charity Navigator, a platinum status in GuideStar, was nominated for the 2018 and 2019 Nobel Peace Prize and is the official project partner of Rotary International in disaster relief.
Our vision is of a world in which all people displaced by disasters and humanitarian crises are rapidly provided with emergency shelter. Our commitment is to providing shelter and vital aid which will help rebuild communities and lives. Our work makes ShelterBox USA a unique, exciting and meaningful place to work.
OUR (AWESOME) TEAM
We are a fast-paced, high-performance team that is ambitious in our pursuits, passionate about our mission, and creative in our execution. We encourage professional development by exposing team members to all aspects of our organization. We’re looking for qualified professionals who are innovative, align with our values, and who are passionate about helping people in need and inspiring others.
Think you want to join our team? Please ask yourself the following questions:
1. Am I a self-starter and do I thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where I’m responsible for all aspects of my role, doing my part to help run an efficient business, and assist in the development of long-term goals and the strategies to reach them?
2. Do I have the ability to relate closely to colleagues as internal customers and to help remove roadblocks so others can shine in their roles?
3. Am I passionate about contributing to continued dynamic improvements in the global humanitarian aid arena?
If you’ve answered “yes” to each question, please read on!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Serving on the ShelterBox USA Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about building the capacity of a dynamic nonprofit to serve more of the world’s most vulnerable people.
The organization’s Board of Directors is comprised of leaders dedicated to the organization’s vision of a world in which all people displaced by disasters and humanitarian crises are rapidly provided with emergency shelter and vital aid, which will help rebuild their communities and lives. They are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
Although applicants from throughout the USA are encouraged to apply, in order to expand our presence in certain geographic areas, candidates from New York City or Washington, DC are preferred. In addition, we are specifically seeking individuals with contacts in USAID and the Department of State, as well as candidates with contacts in large foundations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Ideal candidates for the two-year compensation-free term will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- Specific expertise in at least three of the following areas: Business Acumen, Strategic Planning, Finance/Accounting, Governance, Human Resources, Legal, Sales, Marketing, PR, Social and Other Media, Information Technology, International Development/Relief, Fundraising/Development.
- We have a unique partnership with the Rotary International network, and accordingly, past Rotary Club District Governors are encouraged to apply.
- A commitment to the organization’s mission to deliver humanitarian relief in the form of equipment and materials that bring shelter, warmth and dignity to people made homeless by disasters worldwide.
- An affinity for cultivating relationships, building consensus among diverse individuals and inspiring action.
- A desire to help the organization raise funds for its mission and build relationships with high net-worth influencers.
- A belief in, and ability to live up to, the organization’s core values of transparency, accountability, immediacy, integrity and collaboration.
How to Apply:
If interested in becoming a candidate for the Board of Directors of ShelterBox USA, please submit your resume via email to [email protected].
Equal Opportunity Employer
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or make-up, or any other protected category enumerated by applicable local ordinance, state law, or federal law.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email (No phone calls) to: