ShelterBox USA is the U.S. headquarters and one of 18 global affiliates of ShelterBox, the leading international humanitarian relief organization that specializes in providing emergency shelter to families who are displaced by disaster or conflict.
Our vision is of a world in which all people displaced by disasters and humanitarian crises are rapidly provided with emergency shelter.
Our commitment is to providing shelter and vital aid which will help rebuild communities and lives. Our work makes ShelterBox USA a unique, exciting and meaningful place to work.
We’re looking for qualified professionals who are innovative, align with our values, and who are passionate about helping people in need and inspiring others.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email (No phone calls) to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or make-up, or any other protected category enumerated by applicable local ordinance, state law, or federal law.
Graphic Designer – Santa Barbara, CA
Think you want to join our team? We are actively seeking a Graphic Designer to join our marketing and branding team in our Santa Barbara, CA., office. Details on the specific responsibilities and minimum qualifications are provided below, but before reading on please ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I a self-starter and do I thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where I’m responsible for running an efficient finance operation and developing long-term financial goals and the strategies to reach them?
- Do I have the ability to relate closely to colleagues as internal customers, to help remove roadblocks and explain financial and HR related content to them in a meaningful manner?
- Am I passionate about contributing to continued dynamic improvements in the global humanitarian aid arena?
If you’ve answered “yes” to each question, please read on!
ShelterBox USA is looking for a creative and strategy-minded Graphic Designer with a knack for creating engaging interactive and visually rich print and digital content. A collaborative, creative spirit, our Graphic Designer is responsible for executing the brand look and feel across all platforms: in print, digital, and live events. He or she will create inspired concepts and design solutions, working with the fundraising and communications teams, developing content that tells the ShelterBox story with the goals of driving brand awareness, and acquisition of new supporters. The position will report to the Director of Fundraising and will collaborate closely with the President and other internal partners within the organization.
Additional critical tasks include:
- leveraging creative, graphic design, and marketing knowledge to develop new content for specific campaigns and projects. Pitches shareable graphic and video story ideas and works with social media/Comms Manager.
- translating the brand guidelines into print and digital collateral, working across multiple channels to design and produce in a fast-paced, quality-driven environment.
- creating new brand collateral for Ambassador-volunteers to utilize in the field. Designing template for PPT, pitch decks, and fundraising materials.
- producing promotional material for specific fundraising initiatives, events and programs.
- partnering with the ShelterBox Trust (SBT) in the United Kingdom to cross-pollinate ideas, efforts and resources when possible.
- managing the development, production, and distribution of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, donor advisories, brochures and annual reports.
Position Status and Location
This position is an Exempt, full-time role and is located at ShelterBox USA’s headquarters in Santa Barbara, California.
The Person We’re Looking For
Our ideal candidate has a strong background in graphic design work and a comprehensive understanding of brand cultivation. This position will serve as the organization’s lead graphic designer who must have an excellent eye for producing high quality, on-brand, scalable design solutions for projects in digital and print. In addition, the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Journalism, English, Communications, or related field with 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and work both quickly and independently (and is a self-starter).
- Good face-to-face and electronic-based communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to seek solutions collaboratively.
- An understanding of social media’s landscape and best practices.
- Strong aesthetic eye and attention to detail.
- Exceptional team player with a proactive, “can-do” attitude, and the ability to problem-solve within a team and individually.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator);
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
We enjoy a progressive benefits package. Due to the nature of a disaster relief organization, employees may be asked to work extended hours or on holidays without much advance notice.
At ShelterBox, successful leaders are engaged, lifelong learners who are excellent listeners and coaches, and value deep, authentic collaboration in a cross-functional team. Most importantly, at ShelterBox success is measured in the “we” and not the “me”. Our leaders believe that their own success is measured not by personal accomplishment, but by how their team is growing and contributing, both as individuals and as a whole.
Please include salary expectations. No calls please.
ShelterBox USA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Required)